Saturday, March 31, 2012

Time Slows Down

Ecclesiastes 3: A Time for Everything

 1 There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:  2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace.

Time can be my biggest enemy if I fail to cherish each moment!  Since returning from Honduras, I have found that time is passing so painfully slowly.  I anxiously await our special time on Skype with our family....last night I was able to introduce my brother's family to my Honduran family for the first time.  The language barrier made it slightly awkward, but it was such a blessing to use the technology in this way.  I am so grateful that my mother -in - law is embracing Skype, because I truly believe it is going to really help everyone with the children's transition to the U.S.

We spoke with our attorney Thursday evening.  Though not much will happen in Honduras over the next two weeks, due to the Holy Week holidays, we definitely feel very positive that we are making significant progress!  Hoping that we are back in Honduras for Mother's Day!!!  Mi Corazon, Reyes was in Honduras for Mother's Day in 2010...and I was back in Texas...It would be wonderful to be together in Honduras for Mother's Day in 2012!!!

Time will tell...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kristin, how I pray this Mother's Day is an extra special one for your family! While there is a time for everything, we only need enough faith as a mustard seed! Adding my prayers to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim...yep...I got that mustard seed faith! :)

      Delete