Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tomorrow...

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own. 

Tomorrow will likely be the committee meeting in Honduras which paves the way for our first court date...but maybe not.  It is not that I am not hopeful...it is just that I have learned to wait patiently, because there is no certainty to this adoption process.  I want to plan so many things...but we continue to live in limbo...our reality for over 3 years.  I know that this is not only troublesome for us, but for everyone we engage with on a daily basis.  People like to make plans and I can't blame them...I do, too.  But, everything hangs in the balance as we await the outcome of this meeting! 

I dream of travelling to Honduras again, hugging the children, singing and playing and reading, memorizing scripture together, laughing and cuddling...getting passports, going to the Embassy, getting Visas, making plane reservations, saying Goodbye to Honduras and Hello to Houston, visiting family and friends, birthday parties, soccer games, piano lessons, Sunday school, new friends, swimming, enrolling in school, school shopping, girly girl shopping, scrapbooking, cooking, time with cousin, Daniel, Disney World, the Grand Canyon, learning the states, singing in the children's choir, morning routines, school lunches, night-time routines, evening prayers, family altar, Skyping with grandma, learning English, trips to Indiana, California, Illinois, Tennessee, Galveston, Dallas, South Padre Island, Washington, D.C., Alaska, family dinners, making tamales for Christmas, making tortillas together, relaxing at the lake....molding our children's character and teaching them life lessons, values and watching them grow in Christ.  So many dreams...so I wait another day...and another...and another...knowing that God's ways are not my ways, nor his thoughts, my thoughts (Isaiah 55:8).  Four Simple Words...."I trust you, Lord!"

5 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying tomorrow is your day for good news! Believing in this...for you and the kids:
    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be lifting up you, your husband, and your precious children today, Kristin. They are so beautiful, and reading your post made me weep. I also long to do all of those things with our little girl that will come home from Honduras. You all have been waiting SO long. I pray that the Father will shine His grace and mercy down on you today as you continue to wait on His impeccable timing. ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will continue to be praying for you today (Friday) and the hopeful meeting as well as for your children. I am sure they are as hopeful as you both are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you today and for the meeting as well as for your children. I am sure they are as hopeful as you both are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this tonight... catching up on blogs... and I am praying for your family... and for big, big things to happen...tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete