Thursday, December 1, 2011

Be still...

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him...Psalms 37:7

"Any news on the adoption?" This is a question I hear several times a day and one for which I don't always have a quick and easy answer. How do you explain IHNFA? How do you explain an indefinite strike? Do I even have an answer? Do I really know anything? (The adoption is on hold...the kids are safe and in God's hands) How do you answer without bursting into tears? I never feel prepared! Many of my Honduran friends often say, "Si Dios quiere!" (If it's God's will) about everything and it is a phrase I have had to embrace, but I admit I have had resistance when I hear it.

Does that phrase, "Si Dios quiere" mean the timing isn't right at this moment....well, it is easier for me to understand a strike or a coup or an earthquake or even holiday shutdowns vs. mundane delays like being out of ink or someone not showing up for a document signing day after day after day, like happened with two families in October. What happens now? We wait....just like the coup...just like the earthquake...and the other delays. I am supposed to be learning something through this...and patience is a great reward, to be sure! And the fruit of the Spirit is...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control!

My new short and sweet response, "Please pray for us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment