Monday, November 26, 2012

Waiting for Approval

Monday update...no Embassy approval yet... Would freak out, but Thursday was Thanksgiving and Friday was likely a dud day, so hopefully tomorrow brings good news. We have our doctor's appt scheduled for tomorrow at 8:30. I was going to cancel it, but I decided to be bold and call Immigration Visa Services during their Monday & Weds 2-3:30 telephone hours and ask for our case number. She said, "We haven't received your approval, but I have your case number for BABY Bonilla". I said, "I'll take that!". So, I thought, I might as well be REALLY bold and ask all my questions....1) Can we get a vaccination exemption and get our vaccines in Texas? (I.e., use our insurance and save $1000)...answer: if yes, proof of vaccination has to be within 30 days of returning to the US and she will call the doctor and discuss our options with him.  2) Once we have an approval, when can we get a Visa appt?  She said "Use this special  email and it will be next day, as long as it is not a Friday...no Friday appts." Also, we Skyped with my best friend, Kelly, and her family! Love you, Kel...stay strong!   So, overall, a good day!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to talk to a human being. that always gives you some hope. so hoping that you come home real soon! thinking of you in Honduras. We know you are still there.

    ReplyDelete